You can also browse the topics below to find what you are looking for.
1. What do you need to do to start a business?
If you want to start a business, you need to:
|Register a business|
|Apply for a business license|
2. How MalaysiaBiz Portal can help me to start a business?
MalaysiaBiz Portal helps you by providing local services with information and online services for business license registration and application.
3. What business registration information will I get from MalaysiaBiz Portal?
You can obtain the following business registration information:
|The need to incorporate a company;|
|Comparison between business entities; and|
|Registration of employers and employees|
4. What business licensing information will I get from the MalaysiaBiz Portal?
You can obtain the following business licensing information:
|License issuer (Federal, State and Local Authorities);|
|Activity / type of license;|
|The purpose / description of the license;|
|Location of license application;|
|License application conditions;|
|Fees and validity period of the license;|
|Acts and regulations;|
|URL download form;|
|Online service URL; and|
|Business entities eligible to apply.|
5. What type of business license can I apply through MalaysiaBiz Portal?
Types of business licenses that can be applied through this portal are:
|Permission Under the 1974 Petroleum Development Act (Commercial PDA);|
|Permission to Undertake Activities Under the 1974 Petroleum Development Act (PDA) And Supplies Control Act 1961 (CSA);|
|Permission to Operate Under the Petroleum Development Act (PDA) - Retail;|
|Truth Performing Distribution Trade In Malaysia For The Speciality Store Format Dab Various Other Format;|
|Scheduled Wholesale Items Control License (CSA);|
|Direct Selling License;|
|License Repair And Sell Weight And Measure Tools (ATS);|
|Scheduled Manufacturing Control Licensing License (CSA);|
|License to Sell Weight And Measure Tools (ATS);|
|Scheduled Controlled Goods License (CSA); and|
|Retail Commodity Permit (Individual).|
6. What are the types of business license application available at MalaysiaBiz Portal?
MalaysiaBiz Portal offers services such as:
|Application for new business license;|
|Renewal of business license;|
|Amendment of business license;|
|Business license correction; and|
|Reprint business license.|
7. What are the major steps to register and apply for a business license at the MalaysiaBiz Portal?
The main steps in registering and applying for a business license on MalaysiaBiz Portal are as follows:
8. How can I register as a user of MalaysiaBiz Portal?
Users can register through the 'Register' link found on the homepage of the portal. However, users who only want to get registration of licensing and business information do not need to register as a user.
9. If I forgot my password, what should I do to get and reset my password?
Users can find and reset their password by pressing the 'Forgot Password' button in the 'Log In' field.
10. To use the MalaysiaBiz Portal, what are the IDs required by the user?
Users are required to have two IDs to use the MalaysiaBiz Portal. One is the User ID to access the MalaysiaBiz Portal and the other one is the Directory ID registered in the agency system.
11. What is the difference between User ID and Directory ID?
The User ID is used to access the MalaysiaBiz Portal while the Directory ID is to verify whether the user is registered in the agency system or not.
12. Is it mandatory for MalaysiaBiz Portal users to have the Directory ID?
Yes. Registered Directory ID is required for business registration and licensing applications.
13. Can users get Directory ID from the MalaysiaBiz Portal?
Yes, users can register and obtain Directory ID directly from the MalaysiaBiz Portal.
14. How long does it take to get an approval for my application?
The approval period is in accordance to the Client Charter / Act issued by the relevant agency.
15. How can I know if my application is successful or not?
16. Where can I check the list of approved licenses and registrations?
For business registration, it can be reviewed in MyBusiness. While for business licenses, they can be reviewed in MyLicense.
17. If my application is approved, how do I get my business registration and license certificate?
The successful applicant may print their business license in MyBusiness or MyLicense according to the printing requirements authorized by the relevant agency or deal directly with the agency’s customer service counter.
18. Does this portal provide User Manual as a reference to the Portal users?
Yes. Users can get the manual through the Manual link at the portal homepage.
19. Can this portal be accessed via mobile devices?
Yes. MalaysiaBiz Portal can be browsed/accessed via mobile devices such as smartphones or tablets.
20. How can I ask any questions regarding MalaysiaBiz Portal?
Any inquiries or complaints may be submitted via the Help Desk access located on the main portal page.